IGNITE THE WRITER IN YOU!
From Patricia Benesh,
In my 20+ years coaching writers, I’ve learned that the successful completion of a writing project is based on the writer’s beliefs. If you believe you have a story to tell or information to share, you are a writer. It’s in your head. Get it down on paper.
You are a writer. You just don’t realize it. The aim of this workbook is to change your belief system and give you the tools to write.
How do you change and overcome your reluctance? By making a 14-day commitment to finish this workbook. Read the content, complete the exercises, and take the pledge to continue writing. Think of this
workbook as a microcosm of your writing project. Develop the skills, organization, daily writing habits and attitude that will lead to your writing success.,
The workbook takes a practical approach, starting on Day 1 with the two-week calendar that guides you step by step to:
- assess the cause(s) of your reluctance,
- build confidence in your writing skills,
- your habits and organization with your writing goals, and
- develop a positive attitude and identity as a writer.
The major sections: assessment, skills, organization, attitude, are sub-divided into topics. Each topic starts with an introduction and shows the exercise goals for the day, normally one or two exercises. With the 30+ exercise pages, you build your writing muscles, practicing and adopting the novel approaches to your own material and writing style. It does not matter what material you are tackling: fiction, nonfiction, one story, a scene, a chapter, or an entire book. Apply this workbook to any material.
The two-week calendar guides you through the topics and practice pages to develop:
- methods for overcoming your writing reluctance,
- a mega-view of your material and new writing skills,
- an enhanced writing environment and process,
- a personal calendar with your daily writing goals,
- an improved attitude and commitment to write,
- a plan for continued accountability.
With improved skills, organization, and attitude, you become a writer ignited with new clarity, confidence, and commitment.